Danzantes Unidos Festival (DUF) 2023 “Bailar es Vivir”
Danzantes Unidos commemorates 44 years of producing the Danzantes Unidos Festival (DUF) and convening the largest gathering of folklorico artists in the country to celebrate the artistry, history and traditions of the Mexican folk dance community.
- DUF 2023 will offer 60+ congruent workshops in dance, music and related arts at Sunnyside High School (1019 South Peach Avenue) in Fresno, CA
- DUF 2023 dates are March 31, April 1 & 2. Please, save the dates!
- DUF 2023 T-shirts are back and INCLUDED for participants during the Early and Regular Registration periods. Be sure to register in time to score this popular swag item!
Registered Festival Participants
What to expect at DUF 2023 “Bailar es Vivir”
- DUF Workshops: Participate in one of DUF’s folklorico workshops, which focus on educating its participants on the history, dances and music of Mexico. DUF Workshops are designed for dancers of all ages and skill levels.
- DUF Showcase Concert Series: Enjoy specially prepared choreographies by over 800 performers from over 40 participating folklorico companies from across the country during DUF’s two-day concert series. Sunday’s GALA Presentation will feature the DU AWARDS CEREMONY.
- DUF Parent Pavilion: Explore the intersection of art and culture at DUF’s free or low cost arts workshops. Designed to serve the needs of the folklorico community, family members and chaperones of registered folklorico groups are encouraged to attend a workshop at DUF Parent Pavilion, which may include DUF Tintamarresque Gallery, Folklorico Hair & Make-up, Piñata Crafting, Folklorico Zumba and so much more. Registration is required for “Sew Folklorico” Costume Workshop.
- DUF Mega-Mercado: Shop for cultural accessories, jewelry, practice skirts, costumes, dance shoes, and folklorico dance attire from dozens of vendors.
- DUF Ofrenda: Remember and celebrate the lives of family members, friends and the folklorico community. The DUF community is invited to pay homage to those who have passed by placing their loved ones’ photographs at the altars.
- DUF Socials: Make memories at DUF’s Friday Fandango, UFS Meet & Greet and ¡PACHANGA! These evening and lunchtime socials are a great way to meet other members of the folklorico community.
- Hosted Friday evening, DUF Fandango features live music and provides dancers an opportunity to engage in improvisational zapateado Veracruzano.
- Hosted Saturday during lunch, UFS Meet & Greet is a luncheon, by reservation, for leaders of collegiate folklorico groups to network.
- ¡PACHANGA! – the ULTImate dance party that should not be missed! Held on Saturday evening, venue TBA. Tickets for this family-friendly event must be purchased separately. Ages 60+ FREE (must show canas)
Applications for DUF Showcase Concert Series will open on December 28, 2022. This series is offered to highlight the work of participating groups.
Showcase Concert Series Application Prerequisite: Three quarters of showcase performers must be workshop registrants. Additionally, there must be a minimum of 10 dancers registered for groups smaller than six couples.
DUF Showcase Concert Series
- DUF Showcase Concert I: Friday, March 31 – 6 PM
- DUF Children’s Concert: Saturday, April 1 – 12 PM
- DUF Showcase Concert II: Saturday, April 1 – 6 PM
DUF 2023 Pricing
Participant number will be limited to 1500
DUF Official T-Shirt
T-shirts are gifted to participants that enroll during early and regular registration periods. T-shirts are NOT included with Late Registration as our order has gone to print. We have ordered a few extras that will be released for sale on Sunday morning.
$35.00 online through February 16, 2023.
The Showcase Bundle includes one ticket for every night of the DUF Showcase Concert series and is perfect for chaperones who are accompanying minors at the theater. Each ticket is limited to one person per show. Tickets will be available online for individual nights ($20/each) of the Showcase Concert series on February 17, 2023.
$25.00 online until March 22, 2023. $35 at the door.
$75.00 three-volume “La Danza y el Traje en Mexico”
by Dr. Maria Guadalupe Castro Paramo. (Onsite pick up ONLY at Festival Sales).
We are aware that historically, dance workshops have filled up rather quickly. We have the capacity to increase the number of classrooms in use and are tailoring each space to accommodate safety protocols as outlined by the Fresno County Department of Public Health. Classes for students ages 12 and under will be created in accordance with demand. In order for us to remain solvent, each class must have a MINIMUM of 15 students to be actualized.
Festival size will be limited to 1500 participants. Onsite Registration will be limited to remaining space available. Minors, ages 17 and under, must submit an online waiver/release signed by their parent or guardian and naming the chaperone responsible for their student. For University, College and High School groups, the deadline to submit a Purchase Order is December 27, 2022. For details and full list, please visit our DUF Policies page.