Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity and Consent Agreement (“agreement”)
In consideration for being allowed to participate in DUF 2017 activities, (“activities”), I, for myself and personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
- ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of DUF 2017 Activities and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activities. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
- FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT: (a) DUF 2017 / DANZANTES UNIDOS DE CALIFORNIA (DUC) ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“RISKS”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inaction’s, the actions or inaction’s of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISK AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation or that of the minor in the Activity.
- HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE DUF 2017 / DUC, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owner and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASES” herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releases, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may incur as the result of such claim.
- DUF 2017 / DUC HAS THE RIGHT TO USE THE PARTICIPANTS’ PHOTO OR VIDEO FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY CHECKING THIS BOX AND CHECKING IT FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
Registration & Enrollment by Purchase Order for Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, Jr. High Schools, High Schools, Colleges & Universities:
- Requestor (that’s you) writes to Registration@danzantes.org , subject header “DUF 2017 Request for Quote” for the specific number of students that you will enroll. You then submit that quote to your institution’s Department Head/Administrator/Accountant.
- While you are awaiting approval, collect the pertinent data from each of your students: full name, contact info, birthdate, t-shirt size & class being requested. Once approved by your institution, your quote number becomes your Purchase Order number.
- Proceed to our website to register and enroll your students for classes. Upon checkout, select the “Purchase Order” option for payment. You will be prompted to enter your Purchase Order number.
- You will receive email confirmation of your order, which you can submit to your administration for a check to be cut. If your school requires further documentation, write to Registration@danzantes.org with your enrollment confirmation number and request an invoice.
- It will be your sole responsibility to ensure that payment is received by us by 3/30/17. When you activate registration by purchase order it becomes a binding contract. Changes to purchase orders, including cancellations, must be submitted by 1/30/17 and approved by DUF Registration.
THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER BY PURCHASE ORDER IS 2/8/17.
The fine print:
Purchase Order – A Binding Contract
When a purchase order is written in response to an offer by the vendor and is based on acceptable terms and conditions, it becomes a binding contract. Changes to purchase orders, including cancellations, must be submitted by 1/30/17 and approved by DUF Registration.
DUF Refund Policy
The DUF 2017 refund deadline is February 8, 2017. After this date, your DUF 2017 registration is non-refundable. All approved refunds prior to the deadline will be subject to a 10% handling fee.
Pending refund requests are at the sole discretion of DUF 2017. Sending a refund request or submitting a refund request form does not guarantee you a refund. DUF 2017 badges are not transferable for use at any other DUF event. Please note that in some cases refund requests may not be processed until after DUF 2017.
DUC reserves the right to change their Cancellation and Refund Policy at any time, without notification. DUF 2017 badges are NON-TRANSFERRABLE. No refunds will be given after February 8, 2017. To request a refund, please email your REGISTRATION RECEIPT and indicate the REGISTRATION NUMBER of the participant requesting the refund to email@example.com with subject header clearly labeled: REFUND REQUEST.
DUF 2017 Cancellation Policy
By registering for a paid or complimentary DUF 2017 badge you agree not to sell, trade, transfer or share your comp code, QR code confirmation, or badge. In the event that the Danzantes Unidos Festival DUF 2017 determines that you have violated this policy, DUF 2017 has the right to cancel your badge(s) and keep any money paid by you. Registration confirmations and/or badges that have been sold or provided by anyone other than DUF 2017 will not be honored by DUF 2017. All badges are the property of DUF 2017 and must be relinquished to DUF 2017 upon request.
In order to produce the 65+ DUF workshops required to accommodate over 1750 DUF participants, it is necessary to contract with sites that offer both carpeted and tiled floors. Wooden flooring will be installed in movement session spaces which currently have carpeting. Logistically, due to the immense scope of magnitude of this event, wooden flooring is not available in classrooms which currently have a hard surface such as tile. Classroom spaces are randomly assigned to workshops based on the needs of the genre and size of the class and DU cannot guarantee who will be assigned to what spaces. Your registration indicates that you are aware of our policy and accept these conditions.
In past years we have been able to ‘gift’ a festival t-shirt to early registrants as a thank you for those early dollars that help us to effectively plan. While it is our intention to continue this free giveaway, we would like to remind everyone that the registration fee does not automatically include a free t-shirt and that for certain, anyone registering after the Regular Registration deadline of February 8, 2017 will not receive free DUF swag.
DUF 2017 Registration Rates
Early Registration – $80.00 until December 20, 2016 at 11:59 P.M. PST
Regular Registration – $90.00 from December 21, 2016 until February 8, 2017 at 11:59 P.M. PST
Late Registration – $100.00 from February 9 until March 30, 2017 at 11:59 P.M. PST
Onsite Registration – $120.00 (space-permitting)
Registrants ages 11 and older will need to present their school or government issued ID upon check-in to DUF 2017.
Danzantes Unidos® and its logo are registered in the U.S. Pat. and Trademark Office. Use of Danzantes Unidos® or its logo without permission from the Danzantes Unidos® organization will result in legal action. Danzantes Unidos is a federally recognized nonprofit organization and there is NO OTHER Danzantes Unidos Festival sanctioned by this organization.