Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity and Consent Agreement (“agreement”)
In consideration for being allowed to participate in DUF 2020 activities, (“activities”), I, for myself and personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
- ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of DUF 2020 Activities and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activities. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
- FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT: (a) DUF 2020 / DANZANTES UNIDOS DE CALIFORNIA (DUC) ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“RISKS”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inaction’s, the actions or inaction’s of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISK AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation or that of the minor in the Activity.
- HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE DUF 2020 / DUC, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owner and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASES” herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releases, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may incur as the result of such claim.
- DUF 2020 / DUC HAS THE RIGHT TO USE THE PARTICIPANTS’ PHOTO OR VIDEO FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY CHECKING THIS BOX AND CHECKING IT FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
DUF Refund Policy
DUF 2020 registration fees are committed immediately to the event and are non-refundable.
DUF 2020 Cancellation Policy
By registering for a paid or complimentary DUF 2020 badge you agree not to sell, trade, transfer or share your comp code, QR code confirmation, or badge. In the event that the Danzantes Unidos Festival DUF 2020 determines that you have violated this policy, DUF 2020 has the right to cancel your badge(s) and keep any money paid by you. Registration confirmations and/or badges that have been sold or provided by anyone other than DUF 2020 will not be honored by DUF 2020. All badges are the property of DUF 2020 and must be relinquished to DUF 2020 upon request.
In order to produce the 60+ DUF workshops required to accommodate over 1500 DUF participants, it is necessary to contract with sites that offer both carpeted and tiled floors. Wooden flooring will be installed in movement session spaces which currently have carpeting. Logistically, due to the immense scope of magnitude of this event, wooden flooring is not available in classrooms which currently have a hard surface. Classroom spaces are randomly assigned to workshops based on the needs of the genre and size of the class and DU cannot guarantee who will be assigned to what spaces. Your registration indicates that you are aware of our policy and accept these conditions.
In past years we have been able to ‘gift’ a festival t-shirt to early registrants as a thank you for those early dollars that help us to effectively plan. While it is our intention to continue this free giveaway, we would like to remind everyone that the registration fee does not automatically include a free t-shirt and that for certain, anyone registering after the Regular Registration deadline of February 20, 2020 will not receive free DUF swag.
Parents & Chaperones
Parents & Chaperones are not allowed to sit in the workshop classroom and MAY be invited by each Maestro into the classroom during the last ten minutes of each movement session. DUF provides plenty of activities for Parents & Chaperones to stay nearby and be engaged while on campus at either the Parent Pavilion, DUF Mega-Mercado OR as registrants in Folklorico Media, SEW Much Fun (sewing class) or in the Piñata-making Workshop.
DUF 2020 Registration Rates
Early Registration – $95.00 until January 17, 2020 at 11:59 P.M. PST
Regular Registration – $110.00 from January 18, 2020 until February 20, 2020 at 11:59 P.M. PST
Late Registration – $130.00 from February 21 until March 23, 2020 at 11:59 P.M. PST
Onsite Registration – $160.00 (space-permitting)
Your Registration Fee covers your class instruction on Saturday and Sunday–ONLY. Maestros are directed to use music that is commercially available and pass on catalog information to participants OR if the music is not commercially available, to make a copy to give or pass along — at THEIR cost to reproduce. We are not in the business to infringe on the copyrights of other artists.
Registrants ages 11 and older will need to present their school or government issued ID upon check-in to DUF 2020.
Registration & Enrollment by Purchase Order for Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, Jr. High Schools, High Schools, Colleges & Universities:
- If you are enrolling more than TWELVE or more students . . . ‘Requestor’ (that’s you) writes to firstname.lastname@example.org , subject header “DUF 2020 Request for Quote” for the specific number of students that you will enroll and your full contact information (name of school, address and school phone) including a legit email address for that institution (usually ends in dot org or dot edu). The Registration Team will turn around a quote for you based on the information submitted. You then submit that quote to your institution’s Department Head/Administrator/Accountant for the quote to be approved.
- To enroll online, you will need to collect the pertinent data from each of your students: full name, contact info, birthdate, t-shirt size & class being requested.
- Proceed to our website at danzantes.org to register and enroll your students for classes. Upon checkout, select the “Purchase Order” option for payment. You will be prompted to enter your Purchase Order number, which is also your Quote number.
- You will receive email confirmation of your order, which you may also submit to your administration for the check to be cut. If your school requires further documentation, write to Registration@danzantes.org with your enrollment confirmation number and request an invoice.
- It will be your sole responsibility to ensure that payment is received by us by March 15, 2020. When you activate registration by purchase order it becomes a binding contract. Changes to purchase orders, including cancellations, must be submitted by January 17, 2020 and approved by DUF Registration.
THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER OR MAKE AMENDMENTS TO PURCHASE ORDER IS January 17, 2020.
The fine print: PURCHASE ORDERS ARE BINDING CONTRACTS
When a purchase order is written in response to an offer by the vendor and is based on acceptable terms and conditions, it becomes a binding contract. Changes to purchase orders, including cancellations, must be submitted by January 17, 2020 and approved by DUF Registration.
Danzantes Unidos® and its logo are registered in the U.S. Pat. and Trademark Office. Use of Danzantes Unidos® or its logo without permission from the Danzantes Unidos® organization will result in legal action. Danzantes Unidos is a federally recognized nonprofit organization and there is NO OTHER Danzantes Unidos Festival sanctioned by this organization.