Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity and Consent Agreement (“agreement”)
In consideration for being allowed to participate in DUF 2022 activities, (“activities”), I, for myself and personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
- ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of DUF 2022 Activities and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activities. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
- UNDERSTANDS, that DUF has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 however cannot guarantee that the participant will not become infected with COVID-19 AND also understands the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVD-19 at DUF 2022 may result from actions, omissions, or negligence of the participant himself/herself and others including, but not limited to, employees, other staff, or other participants.
- ACKNOWLEDGE, the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assumes the risk that he/she may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending DUF 2022 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death.
- FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT: (a) DUF 2022 / DANZANTES UNIDOS DE CALIFORNIA (DUC) ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“RISKS”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISK AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation or that of the minor in the Activity.
- HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE DUF 2022 / DUC, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owner and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASES” herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releases, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may incur as the result of such claim.
- DUF 2022 / DUC HAS THE RIGHT TO USE THE PARTICIPANTS’ PHOTO OR VIDEO FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES.
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by checking this box and checking it freely and without inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect. I understand that onsite, I will be asked to attest that I am not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, nor have come into contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past three days.
Registration & Enrollment by Purchase Order for Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, Jr. High Schools, High Schools, Colleges & Universities
- Requestor (that’s you) writes to [email protected] , subject header “DUF 2022 Request for Quote” for the specific number of students that you will enroll. You then submit that quote to your institution’s Department Head/Administrator/Accountant.
- While you are awaiting approval, collect the pertinent data from each of your students: full name, contact info, vaccination status, birthdate, t-shirt size & class being requested. Once approved by your institution, your quote number becomes your Purchase Order number.
- Proceed to our website to register and enroll your students for classes. Upon checkout, select the “Purchase Order” option for payment. You will be prompted to enter your Purchase Order number.
- You will receive email confirmation of your order, which you can submit to your administration for a check to be cut. If your school requires further documentation, write to [email protected] with your enrollment confirmation number and request an invoice.
- It will be your sole responsibility to ensure that payment is received by us by 3/31/22. When you activate registration by purchase order it becomes a binding contract. Changes to purchase orders, including cancellations, must be submitted by 1/15/22 and approved by DUF Registration.The last day to register by purchase order is 1/15/22.
The Fine Print: Purchase Order – A Binding Contract
When a purchase order is written in response to an offer by the vendor and is based on acceptable terms and conditions, it becomes a binding contract. Changes to purchase orders, including cancellations, must be submitted by 1/15/22 and approved by DUF Registration. Please ensure that your students understand the COVID Safety Protocols and are willing to comply.
DUF Refund Policy
DUF 2022 registration fees are committed immediately to the event and are non-refundable.
DUF Covid Safety Policy
In registering for DUF 2022 you agree to abide by the festival COVID Safety Policy. In the context of the COVID‑19 pandemic, there is no “zero risk” when it comes to any kind of gathering – especially events that bring groups of people together. Regardless of the size of the event, you are at risk from COVID‑19 whenever you get together with people. The virus that causes COVID‑19 spreads easily indoors, especially in poorly ventilated settings.
For this reason, DUF 2022 is requiring ALL Festival Staff and Mercado Vendors to be fully vaccinated. We are requesting that all participants and guests that are eligible to receive the vaccine, to be fully vaccinated. Participants who are not yet eligible for the vaccine due to their age, must show proof of a negative result on the COVID test 72 hours prior to the event. The use of a properly fitted face mask will be strictly enforced within the classroom and within the campus outdoor quad and hallways. Respite areas will be available for groups to book around the perimeter of the campus. These areas will be limited to two, ten foot pop-up canopies or equivalent.
If you don’t feel well or show any symptoms of COVID‑19, stay home.
If you choose to attend the festival, practice prevention measures, regardless of your COVID‑19 vaccination status:
- socially distance
- wear a mask
- avoid crowded or poorly ventilated areas
- cover coughs and sneezes with bent elbow or tissues
- clean your hands frequently
These measures will protect you and other festival participants around you. In the event that the Danzantes Unidos Festival DUF 2022 determines that you have violated this policy, DUF 2022 has the right to cancel your participation with no refund of registration fee.
By registering for a paid or complimentary DUF 2022 badge you agree not to sell, trade, transfer or share your comp code, QR code confirmation, or badge. In the event that the Danzantes Unidos Festival DUF 2022 determines that you have violated this policy, DUF 2022 has the right to cancel your badge(s) and keep any money paid by you. Registration confirmations and/or badges that have been sold or provided by anyone other than DUF 2022 will not be honored by DUF 2022. All badges are the property of DUF 2022 and must be relinquished to DUF 2022 upon request.
In order to produce the 65+ DUF workshops required to accommodate DUF participants, it is necessary to contract with sites that offer both carpeted and tiled floors. Wooden flooring will be installed in movement session spaces which currently have carpeting. Logistically, due to the immense scope of magnitude of this event, wooden flooring is not available in classrooms which currently have a hard surface such as tile. Classroom spaces are randomly assigned to workshops based on the needs of the genre and size of the class and DU cannot guarantee who will be assigned to what spaces. Your registration indicates that you are aware of our policy and accept these conditions.
In past years we have been able to ‘gift’ a festival t-shirt to early registrants as a thank you. Danzantes Unidos is currently in recovery mode and we will not be able to continue this free giveaway in 2022. However, we will make the shirt available for REGISTRANTS ONLY at the discounted price of $10 until January 15, 2022. All others may purchase their shirt in the DUF Tienda for $20.
DUF 2022 Registration Rates
Early Registration – $130 until November 30, 2021 at 11:59 P.M. PST
Regular Registration – $145 from December 1, 2021 until January 15, 2022 at 11:59 P.M. PST
Late Registration – $160.00 from January 16, 2022 until March 31, 2022 at 11:59 P.M. PST
Onsite Registration – $175.00 (space-permitting)
Registrants ages 11 and older will need to present their school or government issued ID upon check-in to DUF 2022.
Danzantes Unidos® and its logo are registered in the U.S. Pat. and Trademark Office. Use of Danzantes Unidos® or its logo without permission from the Danzantes Unidos® organization will result in legal action. Danzantes Unidos is a federally recognized nonprofit organization and there is NO OTHER Danzantes Unidos Festival sanctioned by this organization.