What to Expect at Danzantes Unidos Festival (DUF) 2018 “Cultura Sin Fronteras”
The largest gathering of folklorico artists in the country, the annual Danzantes Unidos Festival (DUF) celebrates the artistry and educates the community on the history and traditions of Mexican folk dance.
- DUF 2018 will offer 65 congruent workshops in dance, music and related arts at the Reagan Educational Center (aka Clovis East HS & Reyburn Jr. High) in Fresno, CA
- DUF 2018 Showcase Concerts will take place at the historic Warnors Center for the Performing Arts, 1400 Fulton Avenue, Fresno, CA
- DUF 2018 dates are March 23, 24 & 25. Save the dates!
Registered Festival Participants
DUF 2017 "Alma Indigena" in Fresno, CA
What to expect at DUF 2018 “Cultura Sin Fronteras”
- DUF Workshops: Participate in one of DUF’s folklorico workshops, which focus on educating its participants on the history, dances and music of Mexico. DUF Workshops are designed for dancers of all ages and skill levels.
- DUF Showcase Concert Series: Enjoy specially prepared choreographies by over 800 performers from over 40 participating folklorico companies from across the country during DUF’s three-day concert series. Sunday’s GALA Presentation will feature live music.
- DUF Parent Pavilion: Explore the intersection of art and culture at DUF’s free or low cost arts workshops. Designed to serve the needs of the folklorico community, family members and chaperones of registered folklorico groups are encouraged to attend a workshop at DUF Parent Pavilion, which may include DUF Tintamarresque Gallery, Folklorico Hair & Make-up, Piñata Crafting and so much more. Registration is required for Sewing and Folklorico Media Workshops.
- DUF Mega-Mercado: Shop for cultural accessories, jewelry, practice skirts, costumes, dance shoes, and folklorico dance attire from dozens of vendors.
- DUF Ofrenda: Remember and celebrate the lives of family members, friends and the folklorico community. The DUF community is invited to pay homage to those who have passed by placing their loved ones’ photographs at the altars.
- DUF Socials: Make memories at DUF’s Fandango, UFS Meet & Greet and ¡Pachanga! These evening and lunchtime socials are a great way to meet other members of the folklorico community.
- Hosted Friday evening, DUF Fandango features live music and provides dancers and opportunity to engage in improvisational zapateado Veracruzano.
- Hosted Saturday during lunch, UFS Meet & Greet is a luncheon, by reservation, for leaders of collegiate folklorico groups to network.
- ¡Pachanga! – an ultimate dance party that should not be missed! Held on Saturday evening, tickets must be purchased separately for entry.
Applications for DUF Showcase Concert Series will open on January 15, 2018. This series is offered to highlight the work of participating groups.
Showcase Concert Series Application Prerequisite: Three quarters of showcase performers must be workshop registrants.
DUF Showcase Concert Series will take place at Warnors Center for the Performing Arts, 1400 Fulton Avenue, Fresno, CA
- DUF Showcase Concert I: Friday, March 23 – 6 PM
- DUF Children’s Concert*: Saturday, March 24 – 12 PM
- DUF Showcase Concert II: Saturday, March 24 – 6 PM
- DUF Showcase GALA Concert III: Sunday, March 25 – 4 PM
$40.00 online until February 14, 2018.
The Showcase Bundle includes one ticket for every night of the DUF Showcase Concert series and is perfect for chaperones who are accompanying minors at the theater. Each ticket is limited to one person per show. Tickets will be available online for individual nights of the Showcase Concert series on February 15, 2018.
$15.00 online until March 13, 2018. $17 onsite at DUF hospitality booth $20 at the door
$80.00 three-volume “La Danza y el Traje en Mexico” by Dr. Maria Guadalupe Castro Paramo
Festival size will be limited to the first 1750 registrants. Onsite registration will be limited to remaining space available. The deadline to submit a Purchase Order Request is January 14, 2018. Please ensure that you follow-up promptly with payment on your end. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your group registration fees are paid in full by March 14, 2018. Other restrictions and late fees will apply. Learn More